As coronavirus has become an evolving and uncertain public health issue affecting people both globally and close to home, Everett and Hurite Eyecare Specialists wants to reassure you that your health, safety and well-being are of the utmost importance.
The evolving nature of this event requires us to be vigilant in how we respond and provide service to you. Here is how we are taking action:
- E&H has added extra cleaning to our normal schedule for all areas of our facilities. Special attention is being paid throughout the day to sanitizing all surfaces including door handles, waiting room chairs and all medical equipment. We are placing extra hand sanitizer around for our staff and patients to use in conjunction with extra handwashing.
- We are recommending that all employees practice frequent handwashing, social distancing when possible, and to stay at home if they are sick. We have postponed staff meetings that involve more than 10 employees to avoid large gatherings in one location.
- If any of our patients are experiencing flu like symptoms, we ask that you reschedule your appointment for a later date. We will monitor our patient schedules to reduce the number of patients in a particular waiting area at any given time.
- We will continue to follow the developing situation through the communications from the CDC, WHO, and our local health departments and will apply their recommendations to our organization to further enhance everyone’s safety and peace of mind.
- We have updated our questionnaire to screen patients and check temperature.
- We also want to limit the number of people in our offices and would encourage family members to wait in their car or give us their cell phone number so we can contact them when the patient is ready.
If you have any questions, please reach out to us. The safety and well-being of our patients, staff, physicians and community is our highest concern. We are committed to offering quality eye care and hope you and your families remain healthy and safe.